Sa. 26 Feb.|
IYESF - Essay writing competition
IYESF Presents "Essay writing competition" to mark the birth anniversary of Swami Dayanand Saraswati Topic: Importance of education in life Language: English Participants: All school students of any age can participate
Time & Location
26 Feb. 2022 07:00 – 23:59 GMT+5:30
About the Event
This event aims to bring to fore the essence of wisdom of the great educational thinker/ philosopher i.e., Swami Dayanand Saraswati. He puts emphasis on the view that Education (Shiksha) is that which helps one to acquire knowledge, culture, righteousness, self-control and the like virtues; and eradicates ignorance and evil habits. He suggested the multisided curriculum, perfection and importance of humanism and rationalism. According to Swami Dayananda education imparts true and real knowledge about master, self-development and welfare of all living beings. In other words, it should inculcate a spirit of service and help to others. In this way, according to Swami Ji, education is a supreme and most important moral process for the development of mankind. Swami Dayananda says, “A man without education is only a man in name. It is bound in duty of a man to get education, become virtuous, be free from malice and preach for all well-being of people advancing the cause of righteousness.”
The discussion of the philosophy of education presented by Dayananda leads one to the conclusion that his aim was an education for perfection. He sought this aim most vigorously even sometimes presenting schemes that were far from practicable and demanding standards and virtues which could not be attained even by the selected person. He demanded a very high standard of character and conduct. He wanted to realize all-round perfection.
Just like Swami Dayanand Ji, our organization aims towards the empowerment of youth and promotes education for all students. This event is to encourage students to study and perform better and to take inspiration from all the great personalities of our nation who promoted education for everyone and had/have an aim towards literate and developed India.
Information about the event:
The topic for this essay writing competition is “Importance of education in life”. And the event will be organized in various schools across India.
Rules for Participation-
- The competition is open for all students of all age groups and students of any school can participate in this competition.
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters:
o Name of the participant(s);
o Name of the School;
o Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Participants must mention “IYES Foundation – Essay Writing Competition” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English only;
- Entries must be handwritten only;
- Only one entry will be accepted from each participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is not permitted;
- The word limit of the essay is between 1200-1500 words;
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized;
- The copyright of the winning essay shall vest with IYES Foundation;
- Iyes Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- All entries are to be submitted:
To the class teacher/head of the event at the school,
Submit the digital copy by 26th Feb 2022 using the following submission link: https://bit.ly/3syihYo
NOTE: The cover page of the digital version must contain the Name, School, Class, Mobile Number, and Address of the Participant along with an attachment of the school ID card.
- Winners will be awarded a certificate and exciting prizes worth up to 5000INR;
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
- All participants will get a certificate of participation;
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The competition intends to provide a platform for the students to share their views and to raise awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the right to withdraw awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria. The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write-ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
Organizer of the program:
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH EDU-SKILLS FOUNDATION (International Foundation for the Improvement of Education and Skills among Youth)
Coordinator of the program:
Founder & Chairperson, IYES Foundation
Head of Department, Information Technology, IYES Foundation
16 uur 59 minute
Essay writing competition - To mark the birth anniversary of Swami Dayanand Saraswati