Ma. 02 Mei|
Online Quiz Competition On World Heritage
“Online Quiz Competition On World Heritage” Organized by IYES Foundation to celebrate World Heritage Day Topic: Heritage and Climate Date: 02 MAY 2022 Language: English Participants: All school students of any age can participate Format: Online; Registrations OPEN until 30 April 2022 11:59 PM (IST)
Time & Location
02 Mei 2022 17:00 – 18:00 GMT+5:30
About the Event
The world is full of diverse cultures and each has its own specific beliefs that set them apart from one other. The historical structures play a very crucial role in the history of a particular place.
World heritage can be defined as the knowledge obtained through scrutinizing the structures built in the past as memory, discovery, and interpretation of facts about events.
World Heritage means historical, cultural, educational, natural, scientific, etc. areas and sites that are marked under UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). Across the globe, some monuments and sites are famous for their wonderful architecture. They tell the tales of the past days. Their preservation means preserving our history for the world, for all of these reasons yearly World Heritage Day is commemorated.
On April 18, we celebrate World Heritage Day. The purpose of celebrating this day is that all the history, culture, and nature-related sites related to human history should be protected, and awareness among the general public should be created. The International Treaty was proposed by the United Nations UNESCO, an organization of 193 member states around the world dedicated to protecting all of the world's natural and social heritage.
21 Member States have signed this proposal. The first proposal for this World Heritage Convention was submitted in 1972, and UNESCO included three lists of World Heritage Sites, which are natural heritage sites:
- Natural Heritage Site
- Cultural heritage site
- Mixed Heritage Site
The main goal of celebrating World Heritage Day was to preserve the heritage of three categories for the next generation and make a consistent effort in front of the world.
As of 2015, 1031 sites around the world have been listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. UNESCO gives these sites the World Heritage Fund. All these sites have 802 cultural categories, 197 natural places, and 32 mixed sites. World Heritage Day is celebrated to create awareness about these sites of the world.
This quiz competition aims towards raising awareness among the future generation of our planet.
Information about the event:
The topic for this quiz competition is the theme of World Heritage Day 2022 “Heritage and Climate”. And the event will be organized online.
Registrations are OPEN until 30 April 2022 11:59 PM (IST)
Rules for Participation-
· The competition is open for all students of all age groups and students from any school can participate in this competition.
· Language of competition is English only;
· The participant must provide the Name, School, Class, Mobile Number and Address of the Participant along with a school ID card or any identity card which represents the status of the participant as a student.
· Use of any unfair means by participants will lead to disqualification.
· Entries once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
· The organizers reserve the right to disqualify participants, refuse entry, or discard entries, if such instances or participation is considered to be detrimental to the competition, or additionally, any entry will be considered void if the information submitted is illegible, incomplete, false, or erroneous.
· Winners will be awarded a certificate and exciting prizes.
· Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates of appreciation;
· All participants will get a certificate of participation.
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The competition intends to provide a platform for the students to share their views and to raise awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final. The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results. The organizers also reserve the right to withdraw awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria.
The organizer of the program:
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH EDU-SKILLS FOUNDATION (International Foundation for the Improvement of Education and Skills among Youth)
Coordinator of the program:
Director, Regional and International Projects
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
WhatsApp: +91-9315141251, +7-9779449163