Ma. 09 Mei|
Zoom online event
International youth historical and educational online action on Victory Day "Voice of Truth"
Time & Location
09 Mei 2022 15:00 GMT+3
Zoom online event
About the Event
The main objectives of the Promotion:
- to enrich the students and youth of the BRICS states with truthful knowledge about the history and main battles of the wars, the role of each country of the "five" in the Victory over the common enemy, taken from archives and reliable sources, which will be introduced to the young participants of the Action by the authors of literary and historical works, historians, scientists, experts from the countries of the "five";
- spiritual, moral and patriotic education of the younger generation in the spirit of deep respect for the feat and history of their country and other states of the "five";
- rapprochement of the BRICS youth on the basis of multilateral activities to preserve the universal historical memory and the truth about the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War.
The Action will be organized by the Regional Public Organization “BRICS. World of Traditions” and the BRICS. World of Traditions.
Anastasia Shkitina, Journalist, Author of documentaries about World War II.
1. Sekacheva Lyudmila Leonidovna, President of the Regional Public Organization “BRICS. World of Traditions»
2. Boris Fedorovich Martynov, Professor, Head of the Department of International Relations and Foreign Policy, MGIMO
3. Lucas Rubio, Student of the Faculty of Philology of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro), founder, organizer and member of the "May 9 Study Group" (Grupo de Estudos 9 de Maio).
4. Bednov Vladimir Sergeevich, Member of the International Union of Public Associations "Public Committee of War Veterans"
5. Olga Leonidovna Solodkova, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Regional Studies, National Research University Higher School of Economics, daughter of Leonid Mitrokhin, author of the book “Friends of the Soviet Union. Soviet-Indian solidarity during the Great Patriotic War"
6. Marianna Borisovna Alborova, Leading Expert, Center for International Information Security, MGIMO, MFA of Russia
7. Mohammad Akil, Vice-President of the NGO “BRICS. World of Traditions”, Founder and Chairperson of the International Foundation for the Development of Education and Youth Skills, Noida, India, President Association of Asian Student in RUDN University, Deputy to President on Asian countries, Association on Foreign students in Russia and Member of the Project office for International Youth cooperation "Russia-BRICS"
8. Scangarelli Brits Alessandra, Journalist, Editor-in-chief of the Revista intertelas media magazine, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
9. Eden Pereira Lopes da Silva, Co-author of the book "The Great Patriotic War of the Soviet people", Master of the Institute of Philosophy and Social Sciences of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (IFCS-UFRJ)
10. Ricardo Quiroga Vinhas, Co-editor of the book "The Great Patriotic War of the Soviet People", Director of the Union of Federal Justice Employees of Rio de Janeiro. Studies the history of the USSR and the socialist countries of Eastern Europe.
11. Zhang He, President of the China-Russia Youth Exchange Association of SKUR and Member of the Russia-BRICS International Youth Cooperation Office
12. Tumisang Victoria Maheso, Founder and Chairman of the South African International Student Association (SAISA).
Welcoming remarks will be made by:
1. Greetings from the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergey Ryabkov will be delivered by Fomin Artem Anatolyevich, Third Secretary of the Foreign Policy Planning Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry
2. Melnikova Olga Yuryevna, Head of the Department of International Information Security of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia
3. Illuviev Alexey Sergeevich, Second Secretary of the Russian Embassy in India
4. Sergachev Egor Alexandrovich, Attaché of the Consulate General of Russia in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5. Kui Yanwei, Defense Attache, Embassy of China in Russia
Participants of the Action from the BRICS countries: students and youth, historians, scientists, writers, specialists in the field of international information security, diplomats, experts, media representatives (International Affairs magazine, BRICS TV multimedia platform, ITAR TASS, RIA Novosti and others).
The action "Voice of Truth" will be held on Victory Day on May 9, 2022, becoming an international peace-loving educational online platform for the formation of the moral culture of the young generation of the BRICS countries, the prevention of manifestations of nationalism and extremism among the youth.
Invited students and young people will have the opportunity to participate in discussions, indicate their attitude to the topic of preserving historical truth, counteracting its falsification, and give their suggestions on the format for the participation of the younger generation in this process, based on moral values, peacefulness and acquired truthful knowledge.
The working language of the meeting: Russian, English